What to do next?

Coordinator
Feb 29, 2008 at 11:50 AM
Please let us now which features should we implement in nearest future. Possible features include:

• model MBeans
  • open MBeans
  • develop Web access controls
  • WCF connector

If you have other ideas, please let us know.
Feb 18, 2010 at 7:37 AM

Web Access! Something like the JMX HTML Adapter

Coordinator
Feb 18, 2010 at 7:45 AM

Actually this thread is not quite up-to-date. Model MBeans are out of scope currently. Open MBeans are implemented already (trunk contains major improvements in open MBean handling). ASP.NET web access controls exist, although I am not very happy with their implementation. WCF connector already exists and it's only weakness in lack of notification support (will be implemented soon).

And, you are absolutely right -- HTML adapter is something really necessary. I am thinking about implementing one using WCF. I want to use REST/POX adapter (next thing on to-do list) and XSLT to implement HTML adapter. Alternative would be to provide static HTML page with lost of javascript and use JSON RESTful adapter.

Feb 18, 2010 at 7:56 AM
Hi,

Thanks for the reply. 
I am a Java developer doing some C# work, so I was looking for a quick way to build a really simple management dashboard like the JMX html adapter.

What kind of web access is currently available? Is there a demo somewhere?
The article on codeproject.com has a screenshot of what looks like a JMX HTML interface for a .Net class. That's the sort of thing I am looking for.

Thanks,
Barak

On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 10:45 AM, SzymonPobiega <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Actually this thread is not quite up-to-date. Model MBeans are out of scope currently. Open MBeans are implemented already (trunk contains major improvements in open MBean handling). ASP.NET web access controls exist, although I am not very happy with their implementation. WCF connector already exists and it's only weakness in lack of notification support (will be implemented soon).

And, you are absolutely right -- HTML adapter is something really necessary. I am thinking about implementing one using WCF. I want to use REST/POX adapter (next thing on to-do list) and XSLT to implement HTML adapter. Alternative would be to provide static HTML page with lost of javascript and use JSON RESTful adapter.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (NetMX@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email NetMX@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

Coordinator
Feb 18, 2010 at 8:16 AM

WebClientDemo project is something you are looking for. NetMX provides a ASP.NET control which can display single MBean: it's attributes, operations and relations and allows to change attribute values and invoke operations. The downside of this approach is that you must set up a web site on IIS to use this UI. Thats something I want to avoid by implementing HTML adapter.